If you do not see the answer to your question below, feel free to contact us.
What payment methods do you accept? —
- Credit cards:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Mobile Wallets:
- Apple Pay*
- Google Pay*
- Pay Later:
* These methods are currently not available for subscriptions payments.
** We have suspended Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash payments in lieu of more energy efficient coins.
Do you offer educational discounts? —
Homeschools also qualify for our educational discount—contact us for a homeschool discount.
Do you accept purchase orders (POs)? —
When will my order ship? —
How can I track my order? —
How can I update the shipping address on my order? —
Do you ship internationally? —
- Canada: 1-2 weeks
- UK/GB: 2-3 weeks
- Everywhere else: 2-4 weeks
Please allow at least this much time to have passed before contacting us about your box. Check for the latest USPS service alerts here.
* We cannot ship certain items internationally, including animal remains and shredded US currency.
My order says it shipped, but I haven't received it. —
Please keep in mind that we have no control over the USPS. I can't believe we have to say this but a surprising number of people seem to not understand how the mail works: once the order leaves our building, shipping delays and service interruptions are out of our control. We have the same tracking information as you.
My holiday gift order was late even though I ordered it before the shipping deadline. —
When will my box of Matter ship? —
US subscribers can expect to receive their boxes in 2–5 business days after shipping. International subscribers can expect to receive theirs in 2-4 weeks due to customs clearances.
How can I track my order? —
How do I update the shipping address on my subscription? —
How do I update the payment details for my subscription? —
When will my subscription renew? —
What happens if my payment declines? —
How do I pause my subscription? —
Do you offer longer subscription terms? —
Will I receive duplicate Matter boxes? —
Subscribers outside of the US may occasionally receive slightly different boxes than US subscribers due to legal shipping restrictions.
How do I cancel my subscription? —
How do I resubscribe after I have cancelled? —
What is your carbon footprint? —
We don't do this for the PR. We believe it is our responsibility as humans to make sure our business's existence doesn't harm other humans. This should not be controversial.
Side note: The term "carbon footprint" is only in wide use now thanks to the $250 million dollar ad campaign by the oil company BP to shift responsibility for the solving climate change from the fossil fuel industry onto the individual. The fossil fuel industry is by far the most responsible for the destruction of Earth's atmosphere, and they have know as much since the 1980s.
Why did I get an email that says you bought me a tree? —
What environmental practices does your business engage in? —
- We've upgraded our facility with energy & water efficient equipment.
- We pay for 100% WindChoice power.
- We only purchase recycled cardboard boxes and all-natural corn-, mycelium-, or sugar-based foam.
- We reduce, reuse, and recycle anything we can, especially packing materials.
- Our company vehicle is electric.
- We encourage our suppliers to combine shipments and avoid using oil-based packing materials.
- We prioritize suppliers who prioritize the environment.
- We encourage other businesses to go carbon-negative since it doesn't cost nearly as much as many believe it might.