INSTAGRAM CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID ONLY IN THE U.S. (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES). ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
While it involves interaction with social media platforms, this Sweepstakes is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform. By entering the Sweepstakes, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to social media platforms.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (“P.S.T.”) on November 8, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. P.S.T on November 10, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2) SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: Participants must on the STEMcelltulsa giveaway post, 1) Be following @stemcelltulsa on Instagram and 2) tag one (1) friend in the comment section of the post. One (1) winner will be chosen at random from the comments to receive a three (3) month long subscription to Box of Matter. Three (3) runners up will be chosen at random from the comments to receive a one (1) month long subscription to Box of Matter.
3) BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, participants must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. You may not submit an entry to the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to receive the prize described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and The STEMcell Science Shop with respect to the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
4) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who on the dates of entry are legal residents of the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories and Rhode Island), who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. If you are under eighteen (18) or under the age of majority in your state of residence, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Sweepstakes.
5) PRIZE, WINNERS, AND ODDS: Odds of winning a prize will vary based on number of participants in the Sweepstakes. There will be a total of one (1) first prize winner for the Sweepstakes Period that will receive one (1) three-month long subscription to Box of Matter. THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE: $105 USD. There will be a total of three (3) runners-up for the Sweepstakes Period that will receive one (1) one-month long subscription to Box of Matter. THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE: $40 USD.
Prize is nontransferable. No cash alternative or prize substitutions allowed. Prize may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by the winner. Any details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by The STEMcell Science Shop.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor.
Limit: one (1) prize per person6) SELECTION OF WINNERS: During the Sweepstakes Period, The STEMcell Science Shop will use a random number generator to choose a winner from the eligible participants in accordance with the Winners and Odds section above. Winner will be notified via Instagram direct message by November 11, 2019 and must respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted. Failure of a winner to respond within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or failure to comply with any term or condition of these “Official Rules” including return of a parental consent form when necessary as requested by The STEMcell Science Shop, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be chosen for the next submission as determined by the representative. The representative will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the representative as to the administration of the Sweepstakes, interpretation of the Official Rules, and the selection of the winner will be final.
7) RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Each potential winner of the Sweepstakes may (in The STEMcell Science Shop's sole discretion) be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability agreement (the "Acceptance Release") and return the Acceptance Release before the winner is announced. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Acceptance Release within 48 hours of the first notification attempt, such potential winner (in The STEMcell Science Shop's sole discretion) may be disqualified and an alternate may (in The STEMcell Science Shop's sole discretion) be selected. Parents or legal guardians of any winner under the age of majority in their state of residence (which is 18 in most states but is 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Acceptance Release. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, he or she may be disqualified in The STEMcell Science Shop's sole discretion, and an alternate potential winner may then, in The STEMcell Science Shop sole discretion, be selected by the representative. The Winner’s Acceptance Release is subject to verification by The STEMcell Science Shop's.
The STEMcell Science Shop's is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent. When a potential winner is contacted, he/she will have 48 hours in which to respond to the notification, or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The STEMcell Science Shop will not be responsible if a potential winner changes his/her e-mail address or other contact information after he/she registers for the Sweepstakes , it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her registration information notifying The STEMcell Science Shop. Failure to update such registration information may affect a potential winner’s ability to receive the proper notification and be able to respond in time.
8) RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of The STEMcell Science Shop which shall be final in all respects; b) release, discharge and hold harmless The STEMcell Science Shop and their respective parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors (collectively "Releasees"), from all liability, claims or damages including injury or death, arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. Subject to applicable law, winner irrevocably grants The STEMcell Science Shop and their designees the right and permission to use of their name, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without further compensation, and upon request will provide consent in writing to such use. Releasees are not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes -related material; or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the promotion. If for any reason Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned by reason of causes beyond the control of The STEMcell Science Shop, which, in the sole opinion of The STEMcell Science Shop, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Sweepstakes, The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes, and/or may conduct Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all entries received prior to the action taken. Further, The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Sweepstakes. In the event The STEMcell Science Shop is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within The STEMcell Science Shop's control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) The STEMcell Science Shop shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to participants and potential participants. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes.
9) ARBITRATION AGREEMENT; DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
YOU MAY OPT OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE. If you do so, neither you nor The STEMcell Science Shop can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify The STEMcell Science Shop in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with The STEMcell Science Shop
10) Governing Law and Venue: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oklahoma. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, The STEMcell Science Shop, or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
The STEMcell Science Shop is not responsible for the actions of participants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including participants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom The STEMcell Science Shop believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole discretion of The STEMcell Science Shop, may result in immediate disqualification of the participant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: Any attempt by a participant to undermine the legitimate operation of Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney's fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. The STEMcell Science Shop reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
11) SPONSOR: The STEMcell Science Shop 2415 E Admiral Blvd, Tulsa, OK 74110, USA
12) WHO WON? For the name of the winner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: STEMcell Box of Matter Giveaway