What is your carbon footprint? —
We don't do this for the PR. We believe it is our responsibility as humans to make sure our business's existence doesn't harm other humans. This should not be controversial. Seriously, that should not be such an extraordinary claim that it makes it into our company bio.
Side note: The term "carbon footprint" is only in wide use now thanks to the $250 million dollar ad campaign by the oil company BP to shift responsibility for the solving climate change from the fossil fuel industry onto the individual. The fossil fuel industry is by far the most responsible for the destruction of Earth's atmosphere, and they have know as much since the 1980s.
Why did I get an email that says you bought me a tree? —
What environmental practices does your business engage in? —
- We've upgraded our facility with energy & water efficient equipment. (Upfront cost: ~ a few hundred dollars)
- We pay for 100% WindChoice power. (Cost: about $47 extra/year in our area)
- We only purchase recycled cardboard boxes and all-natural corn-, mycelium-, or sugar-based foam. (Cost: about 25% cheaper than traditional foam)
- We reduce, reuse, and recycle anything we can, especially packing materials. (Cost: $0)
- Our company vehicle is electric. (Electricity cost: ~$20/month + no more oil changes!)
- We encourage our suppliers to combine shipments and avoid using oil-based packing materials.
- We prioritize suppliers who prioritize the environment.
- We encourage other businesses to go carbon-negative since it doesn't cost nearly as much as many believe it might.