This is the Fourth National Climate Assessment recently published in cooperation of many government agencies (listed below). This is US taxpayer-funded research, so it is free. All we ask is that you simply cover the shipping cost. Alternatively, the entire report can be viewed online at https://nca2018.globalchange.gov.
First sentence: "Earth's climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities."
SPOILER: This report agrees with overwhelming scientific certainty regarding the human impact on Earth's climate and goes on to describe the detrimental effects our impact will have on all life on Earth in the decades to come.
Get one to study up on the latest evidence. Get an extra for a science-denier in your life. It's written clearly and there's lots of pictures. Time to stop living in willful ignorance. There is no longer any excuse to disregard this emergency. If climate change or the human impact on the climate do not align with your political or religious worldview, then your view is flawed—not the evidence. These are facts and thus not subject to opinion. It's time this debate over the validity of proven science ends so we can start solving the problem.
US government groups that researched and wrote this report:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of the Interior
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Smithsonian Institution
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- US Global Change Research Program
- National Science and Technology Council
- Office of Management and Budget
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
US government groups that don't agree with the report:
- White House